the Virtual Tour of Brasenose College
S.W. of the Hall stands the Kitchen, a fifteenth-century building with wood-braced ceiling, which survives from the days of Brasenose Hall and is thus the oldest structure on the present College site. Its antiquity can be better appreciated from the Second or Chapel Quad (1656-66), familiarly and ironically known as the Deer Park from its diminutive scale, and reached either through the Hall passage or directly from the College entrance via another passage which used to bear the obscure name of Dagg Lane.
© Copyright 2001
University of Oxford

 

Home map Help About the Tour