How do the ,
orbitals differ? How do they differ from the other two d
all five of these orbitals.
11. In an isolated atom, how do the energies of the three p
orbitals with the same n values compare? How do the
energies of the five d orbitals with the same n values compare?
12. For a given n value, how do the energies of s,
p, d and f orbitals compare?
13. How is the total number of orbitals of a given n value related
14. Write the orbitals (n and I values)
in order of increasing energy. How is this order related to the
observed structure of the periodic table?
15. How many electrons can each atomic orbital hold? What property
do the electrons have opposite values of when paired in an orbital?
16. Do two electrons in the same atomic orbital attract, repel,
or have no effect upon one another?